In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the
weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said:
“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Act 20:35
At Christ Church Prep School and College, we highly value Outreach and being witnesses for Christ to the Midrand community and beyond.
We believe that Christian giving is not only financial, but also that we should give of our time and should take every opportunity to share the love of Christ.
The prep school are involved in reaching out to the following organisations for 2017:
- Modern Pre-primary and Primary School in Tembisa
- Kaalfontein community (this has been an on-going Grade 5 outreach project)
- A vulnerable family in Ivory Park (this has been an on-going Grade 1 outreach project)
At the college level the Outreach Club is involved with the following organisations and activities among others:
- Stationery drive and blanket collection for Olievenhoutbosch Christian School
- The Midrand SPCA
- Writing letters to persecuted Christians
- Funding for widows of Christian ministers
- Food parcels for needy communities
- A sanitary drive
- Tembisa hospital visits and Christmas party
Each grade in the college is also allocated a specific project which they work on together throughout the year. This is facilitated by the register teachers and their register buddies and overseen by Miss Cullen.
All Christ Church learners who are 16 years and older and weigh more than 50kg are also invited to donate blood to the SANBS on our school property once a term.
We always welcome donations, in any form! These can be dropped at reception, given to class teachers or sent to Miss Cullen.