About Christ Church Preparatory School and College
To Serve and to Lead
Our Core Values:
- Centrality of Christ
- Authority of the Bible
- Academic Excellence
- Servant Leadership
- Maximising Individual Potential
The purpose of Christ Church Preparatory School and College is to offer a high standard of education that possesses academic excellence, spiritual depth and moral integrity. We believe that education cannot take place in a moral-vacuum. The School will consequently have a strong Christian foundation and ethos.
We recognise that education is not limited to academic learning; there must be a holistic perspective in our methods. The school is therefore committed to providing a healthy balance of academic, physical, spiritual, emotional and social development for its pupils.
We offer Pre-School Grade 000 to Grade 0, Primary school Grade 1 to Grade 6 and College Grade 7 to Grade 12. A variety of sports and cultural activities are offered. Please refer to the extra-mural calendar for further information.
- To produce young men and women who will have a Christian worldview and clear Biblical values. To develop the whole child, physically, intellectually, socially, emotionally and spiritually within a Christian context.
- To provide a high academic standard throughout the educational process.
- To create an environment in which pupils achieve a high level of motivation and achievement within their individual abilities.
- To teach life skills and provide a context for optimal cognitive development.
- To maintain firm discipline with clearly defined standards of behaviour, inculcating a respect for parents, teachers, fellow pupils and country.
- To prepare pupils for further educational endeavours and encourage the establishment of Biblical values and a Christian world view.
- Nationally qualified teaching staff
- National government curriculum
- Member of ISASA, IEB and ACSI
- IEB Examinations
- A variety of cultural and extra-mural activities
- Various life-skills subjects and training in computers
- A variety of sporting activities
- Biblical principles, values and discipline
Christ Church Preparatory School and College, like most private schools, uses the national curriculum, which we develop and flesh out according to our own Christian ethos.
The school aims to provide a good balance between formal and informal activities. Attention is paid to the all-round development of the child. We recognise that the programme needs to encompass the spiritual, emotional, social, academic and physical areas.
The school programme will include: Continuous observation and assessment throughout the year to monitor each child’s progress. A formal report is issued to parents at regular intervals. Identification of problems, and referral to independent professionals and/or therapists where necessary.
The aim of our after school is to provide care in a Christian environment for CCPS/CCC pupils from Grades 000 to Grade 12, at affordable rates while at the same time covering running costs. Pupils can enjoy a relaxed and secure environment at aftercare which offers stimulating activities from crayons, books, puzzles and games, to playing outside on the jungle gyms, in the sandpit, with balls and other outside activities.
Priority is however given to homework where a dedicated team of staff are always on hand to help, listen and advise. No aftercare is complete without food and no-one misses snack time where a healthy treat is served.